Terms And Conditions
Thank you for accessing http://www.ccislandwalk.com (“the Website”). Please read these terms and conditions before using the Website.
By using the Website, you signify your acceptance of these terms and conditions in consideration of which we provide you with access. From time to time we may modify these terms and conditions so please continue to review them whenever accessing or using the Website. If at any time you do not wish to accept the Terms, you may not use the Website. From time to time we may run competitions and promotions via the Website. Separate terms and conditions will be posted where applicable governing such competitions and promotions.
1. While we have endeavoured to ensure the accuracy of information on the Website, we do not guarantee or give any warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any information or material on the Website. The Website and the Content are provided, “as is”, without any warranties of any kind unless specifically stated. Please note that some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some or all of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
2. We have no control over or responsibility for websites to which the Website is linked. Your use of such websites is at your sole risk.
3. The Website, including text, content, software, video, sound, graphics, photographs, illustrations, artwork, names, logos, trademarks, service marks and other material (“Content”) is protected by copyrights, trade marks and/or other proprietary rights. The Content includes both content owned or controlled by us and content owned or controlled by third parties and licensed to us. All articles, reports and other elements making up the Website may be copyright works. You acquire no rights or licences in or to the Website and/or the Content other than the limited right to use the Website in accordance with these terms and conditions and to download no more than one copy of the Website for your personal, non-commercial use.
4. The Website, amongst other things, may contain certain discussion forums, bulletin board services, chat areas and/or other message or communication facilities (collectively, “Communities”). Much of the content of the Communities, including the content within a specific message or posting, is provided by and is the responsibility of the person posting in that Community. We have no responsibility for such content and are merely providing access to such content as a service to you.
5. We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your access to the Website at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
6. You acknowledge that access to the Website is provided free of charge. If you are dissatisfied with the Website, these terms and conditions or any of the Content your sole remedy is to discontinue use of the Website. Save in respect of fraud and of personal injury or death to the extent it results from our negligence, we accept no liability to you whatsoever whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so this limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
7. The Website is not directed at any person in any jurisdiction where for any reason the publication or availability of the Website is prohibited. Those in respect of whom such prohibitions apply must not access the Website. We do not represent that either the Website or the Content are appropriate for use or permitted by local laws in all jurisdictions. Those who access the Website do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws or regulations; legal advice should be sought in cases of doubt.
8. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us harmless from and against any claims, actions, demands or other proceedings brought against us by a third party, to the extent that such claim, suit, action or other proceeding brought against us is based on or arises in connection with your use of the Website, any breach by you of these terms and conditions or a claim that your use of the Website infringes any intellectual property rights of any third party or is libellous or defamatory, or otherwise results in injury or damage to any third party.
9. You agree by using the online registration process that your participation in the Collas Crill Around the Island Walk is entirely at your own risk. Whilst the Around the Island Walk Trust endeavours to make the Walk as safe as possible anyone participating in this event accepts that they do so at their own risk. Neither the Around the Island Walk Trust nor the owners of any property or land on or adjacent to the walk takes any responsibility for any loss of or damage to any property or injury to or death of any person whether caused by a negligent act, omission or wilful misconduct.
The Terms are governed by the laws of Jersey and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Jersey courts.
Privacy and Data Protection
We are committed to protecting your privacy while providing a personalised and valuable service. Collecting personal information is necessary if we are to satisfy the expectations and requirements of the users e.g. the provision of Walk Information packs or T-Shirts. This statement is made in the light of the requirements of the Data Protection Act in order to alert users to the Itex-Rotary Trust Walks data processing practices which will govern the processing of your data. If you have any queries about this statement please email – email@example.com
What information do we collect?
The types of information we collect might include your name and address details, date of birth, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number and the contact details of someone we can call for you incase of an emergency during the walk. We will obtain personal information from you when you register with us.
How do we use this information?
We will use your personal information to provide you with the services, products or information you have requested, for administration purposes, to improve the services we provide and to further our charitable aims. Your information will not be shared with any third parties.
Do we use ‘Cookies’?
How do we protect personal information?
All online registration payments are processed securely by our Payment Service Provider, PayOffshore. We take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
Will we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
As indicated above, we do not sell, trade, or lease personal information (including e-mail addresses) to any third parties (including but not limited to; service providers, agents and associated organisations) unless required to do so by law.